Supplier name: Apollo Education UK Ltd
Publication date: 30 Nov 2023
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Apollo Education UK Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
|Baseline Year: 2023
|This is the 1st year of assessing the carbon emissions for Apollo Education UK Ltd, hence the baseline is taken as 2023
|Baseline year emissions:
|0 tCO2e (These are direct greenhouse gas emissions that occur from sources that are controlled or owned by us (like emission from boilers, vehicles etc)
|120 tCO2e (Purchase of electricity mainly)
|60 tCO2e (Business Travel and Employee commuting mainly)
Upstream and Downstream T&D not relevant to us as Apollo Education UK ltd is in business of supplying permanent staff to NHS and ISPs. We provide services rather than goods and hence not relevant to us
Current Emissions Reporting
|Reporting Year: 2023 Same as above as emissions data had not been published in prior years therefore, we selected 2023/24 as baseline year which is also the current year
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we will be adopting the following carbon reduction targets.
In the short term (next 5 years), we will be implementing below measures.
- Implementation of a fully paperless process for agreeing and delivering a contract for the sourcing of international staff to healthcare clients
- Fully online process for sourcing, scheduling interviews and clients/customer
- We will also be applying for ISO14001 certification (audit in progress which will be followed by accreditation)
- Move to hybrid working model that will result in reduction of commuting and company
- Installation of energy saving LED lighting in office properties
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 120 tCO2e by 2029.This is a reduction of 33%
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon Reduction Projects
Post the next 5 yrs., we hope to implement further measures stated below to achieve net zero carbon emission by 2040.
- Sourcing energy for offices through 100% renewable sources
- Upgrading and reusing older equipment’s
- Adopting green procurement policies for goods and services and work with ecofriendly suppliers
- The re-introduction and campaign of car sharing scheme. This was paused during the covid We will also adopt staff to sharing car (car-pooling approach), travel by train/coach/public transport, efficient public transport in lieu of car and reduce unnecessary travels.
- Waste monitoring and efficient management measures
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting2.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard3.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the Supplier:
Associate Director HR &
Compliance Date: 05 December 2023